WordPress is an open source content management system available in Cloud Server Webuzo, Cloud Server cPanel and Cloud Server Plesk. More details on WordPress. Contact us to find out our latest offers!
WordPress 5.2.3 is now available!
This security and maintenance release features 29 fixes and enhancements. Plus, it adds a number of security fixes—see the list below.
These bugs affect WordPress versions 5.2.2 and earlier; version 5.2.3 fixes them, so you’ll want to upgrade.
If you haven’t yet updated to 5.2, there are also updated versions of 5.0 and earlier that fix the bugs for you.
- Props to Simon Scannell of RIPS Technologies for finding and disclosing two issues. The first, a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability found in post previews by contributors. The second was a cross-site scripting vulnerability in stored comments.
- Props to Tim Coen for disclosing an issue where validation and sanitization of a URL could lead to an open redirect.
- Props to Anshul Jain for disclosing reflected cross-site scripting during media uploads.
- Props to Zhouyuan Yang of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs who disclosed a vulnerability for cross-site scripting (XSS) in shortcode previews.
- Props to Ian Dunn of the Core Security Team for finding and disclosing a case where reflected cross-site scripting could be found in the dashboard.
- Props to Soroush Dalili (@irsdl) from NCC Group for disclosing an issue with URL sanitization that can lead to cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- In addition to the above changes, we are also updating jQuery on older versions of WordPress. This change was added in 5.2.1 and is now being brought to older versions.
You can browse the full list of changes on Trac.
For more info, browse the full list of changes on Trac or check out the Version 5.2.3 documentation page.
WordPress 5.2.3 is a short-cycle maintenance release. The next major release will be version 5.3.
You can download WordPress 5.2.3 from the button at the top of this page, or visit your Dashboard → Updates and click Update Now.
If you have sites that support automatic background updates, they’ve already started the update process.
Thanks and props!
This release brings together contributions from more than 62 other people. Thank you to everyone who made this release possible!
Adam Silverstein, Alex Concha, Alex Goller, Andrea Fercia, Andrew Duthie, Andrew Ozz, Andy Fragen, Ashish Shukla, Aslam Shekh, backermann1978, Catalin Dogaru, Chetan Prajapati, Chris Aprea, Christoph Herr, firstname.lastname@example.org, Daniel Llewellyn, donmhico, Ella van Durpe, epiqueras, Fencer04, flaviozavan, Garrett Hyder, Gary Pendergast, gqevu6bsiz, Hardik Thakkar, Ian Belanger, Ian Dunn, Jake Spurlock, Jb Audras, Jeffrey Paul, jikamens, John Blackbourn, Jonathan Desrosiers, Jorge Costa, karlgroves, Kjell Reigstad, laurelfulford, Maje Media LLC, Martin Spatovaliyski, Mary Baum, Monika Rao, Mukesh Panchal, nayana123, Ned Zimmerman, Nick Daugherty, Nilambar Sharma, nmenescardi, Paul Vincent Beigang, Pedro Mendonça, Peter Wilson, Sergey Biryukov, Sergey Predvoditelev, Sharaz Shahid, Stanimir Stoyanov, Stefano Minoia, Tammie Lister, tellthemachines, tmatsuur, Vaishali Panchal, vortfu, Will West, and yarnboy.Wordpress is an open source content management system available in Cloud Server Webuzo, Cloud Server cPanel and Cloud Server Plesk. More details on WordPress. Contact us to find out our latest offers!