I’m excited to be at Protect 2016, HPE’s largest security event of the year! Over 2,000 security professionals at the event will explore an integrated approach to security and risk management, and learn how to make effective security simple.
At Fortinet, we hold similar values. The modern response to increasingly challenging security issues happening in increasingly complex networked environments needs to be simplicity. As networks become more complicated, many organizations tend to keep adding new security devices to an already overburdened wiring closet. This complexity is the enemy of security. Point security solutions, with separate management interfaces and no meaningful way to gather or share joint threat information require manual correlation at best, and are marginally useful at worst. The truth is, monitoring, management, correlating data, operating, and updating an increasing number of security devices can actually take security staff away from their job of quickly identifying and responding to threats.
Instead, an effective response to today’s sophisticated threat landscape requires an integrated and collaborative approach. In April of this year, Fortinet introduced our Security Fabric architecture. This new strategy is designed to integrate security technologies for the endpoint, access layer, network, applications, data center, content, and cloud into a single collaborative security solution. Even better, this integrated solution can be orchestrated through a single management interface or pane of glass. The Security Fabric enables systems to share threat intelligence and management information, and provides unified policy enforcement. This result of this unified architectural approach is reduced complexity, while enabling actionable, effective, and coordinated responses to threats.
Join Fortinet at booth # SB32 while you’re at Protect 2016 to see a demo of the Fortinet Security Fabric in action! We’ll also have technical experts and executives on hand to discuss any security needs you may have, and we will be showcasing our industry-leading Fortinet products and solutions.
Fortinet is also a Platinum sponsor at Protect 2016, and I’d like to highlight the following key Fortinet speaking engagements to add to your agenda while you’re at the event:
- “The Dark Web Affects Your Security Posture – How to Use Threat Intelligence”, presented by James Cabe, Architect Global Alliances and Cloud, on Sept. 14, 1:15-2:15 PM (Session ID: B10735). Threat intelligence in the general sense is all about who on the Internet is being attacked and how. Simple signature updates based on global information was a start. It is now about how you ingest behavioral information and utilize it to dynamically change the posture of your network so you can close the holes and create a responsive and proactive defense.
- “IoT Security and Risk Management”, presented by Jonathan Nguyen-Duy, VP Strategic Programs, on Sept. 15, 10:30-11:00 AM, Theater presentation. During his presentation Jonathan will outline the promise, perils, and opportunities of securing the Internet of Things. He will go through IoT transaction use cases (illustrated below), and then demonstrate how Fortinet helps partners and customers enhance the value of their SDN/SDP/NFV offerings. Jonathan will highlight how the Fortinet and HPE partnership can provide gateways that enable IoT to work securely between the IoT LAN and Internet WAN, as well as the logical and physical/mechanical interface. He will also describe our joint approach to orchestration, detection, and response at the Gateway NG Firewall.
- “Protecting Your Digital Enterprise; Stories from the Oil Field”, presented by James Cabe, Architect Global Alliances and Cloud, on Sept. 15, 3-4 PM (Session ID: B10335). Learn how Fortinet’s FortiGate is being used as a network admission control device, wireless controller, router, firewall, and next-gen security device on an oil rig for a major oil and gas supplier. This complete solution protects the rig’s remote systems, and sends network logs back to HPE Security ArcSight ESM for ingestion and reporting about such things as web filtering, intrusion prevention, and network access control. Learn how your organization can leverage this real-world example of how ArcSight works with network access control technology to boost a company’s security posture.
Fortinet and Hewlett Packard Enterprise have a highly strategic partnership, enabling both companies to join forces to address today’s most challenging security problems. Together, they combine advanced technologies with best-in-class expertise to provide comprehensive and innovative security solutions to the market. The Fortinet – HPE Alliance provides a strong and complete suite of network and application security solutions, integrated hardware, software, and services to offer the highest levels of security protection available on the market today.
Please visit the Fortinet booth to learn more about the following key joint solutions and services:
- Integration of Fortinet FortiWeb and HPE Security WebInspect to deliver an advanced web application vulnerability scanning and virtual patching solution.
- Advanced SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and Application Security solutions via HPE ArcSight and Fortify integration with Fortinet products.
- Comprehensive cloud computing solutions provided by HPE Helion Cloud, combined with Helion-Ready FortiGate-VMs and other Fortinet products to achieve a secure software defined security architecture.
- Best-in-Class Managed Security and Managed Firewall Services with HPE Enterprise Services, working together to provide global coverage.
- Data Center Transformation Consulting Services via HPE Technology Services partnership with Fortinet.
Please also visit the Fortinet-HPE Alliance web page which has joint solution briefs and additional details to learn how Fortinet and HPE are transforming the security landscape together.
Safe travels, and I look forward to seeing you at Protect 2016!