Singapore – ICT for Productivity and Growth (IPG) Programme


The $500 million ICT for Productivity and Growth (IPG) programme was announced at the 2014 budget speech delivered by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on 21 Feb 2014. Over three years (FY14 – 16), IPG seeks to accelerate the adoption of ICT solutions among SMEs and boost SMEs’ productivity and growth.

The IPG comprises 3 key initiatives:

  • Scaling up proven ICT solutions;
  • Piloting of emerging solutions; and
  • Enabling high-speed connectivity for businesses.

Initiative 1 – Scaling up proven ICT solutions

This initiative promotes the adoption of ICT-based sectoral productivity solutions that have been proven to help SMEs raise productivity.

What are the benefits?

  • 70% of the qualifying costs will be subsidised; SMEs pay the remaining 30%;
  • IDA will pre-qualify eligible vendors and their solutions; and
  • SME need not apply to IDA for the subsidy, they can approach the pre-qualified vendors for the solution they need, and IDA reimburses the vendors directly upon demonstration of adoption by the SME.

Who will benefit?

SMEs that adopt proven ICT-based sectoral productivity solutions.


The sectoral solutions must those that are supported under iSPRINT. Solutions must be those that are able to help SMEs achieve productivity gains.

Initiative 2 – Piloting of emerging solutions

This initiative encourages enterprising SMEs to pilot emerging technology solutions that can transform their businesses, for example, innovations, in the areas of sensor, data analytics and robotics.

What are the benefits?

  • 80% of the qualifying pilot project costs will be subsidised, up to $1 million per SME; SMEs pay the remaining 20%;
  • SME need not apply for the subsidy; and
  • Vendor will submit proposal for evaluation by IDA. SME need not apply directly to IDA for the subsidy, and IDA reimburses vendors directly upon completion of agreed milestones.

Who will benefit?

SMEs piloting the emerging technology solutions.


This should be a transformative solution that is not currently used by Singapore SMEs.

Initiative 3 – Enabling high-speed connectivity for businesses

This initiative promotes high-speed connectivity for SMEs so that they can take full advantage of ICT-based productivity solutions.

First, we will subsidise SMEs’ fibre subscription plans of at least 100 Mbps and provide further support for them to implement Wireless@SG services at their premises.

What are the benefits?

  • 50% of the monthly recurrent cost of the fibre subscription plan will be subsidised, capped at $120/month up to 24 months, or $2,880 per SME; and
  • One-time acquisition of Wireless@SG equipment will be subsidised, capped at $2,400, for SMEs who require wireless connection in their public-facing business premises.

Who will benefit?

SMEs adopting ICT-based solutions.


  • SME must not already have subscribed to the fibre subscription plan;
  • SME must qualify for iSPRINT support for the adoption of an ICT-based solution that can transform or grow their business (excluding firms with support of less than $2,000 for off-the-shelf iSPRINT solutions);
  • SME must subscribe to service plans that feature speeds of at least 100Mbps;
  • For the Wireless@SG subsidy, SME must extend the wireless hotspots to the general public; and
  • SME must allow IDA (or appointed company) to conduct random network audit.

Second, we will overcome installation challenges and ensure that more non-residential buildings have the facilities to bring fibre broadband to their business tenants within the buildings. IDA will consult the industry ahead of releasing implementation details and qualifying criteria for the scheme.

What are the benefits?

80% of the one-time infrastructure enhancement costs of up to $200,000 per qualifying building will be subsidised.

Who will benefit?

Owners of eligible non-residential buildings with multiple tenants.


  • IDA will release the details after consulting the industry.

When can SMEs start benefitting from IPG?

SMEs can start benefitting from IPG from Q3 2014. More details on the grant process flow will be shared shortly.

For more information, you may also send your queries to

The post Singapore – ICT for Productivity and Growth (IPG) Programme appeared first on ReadySpace Cloud and Managed Hosting.

There are no comments.

Leave a Reply