Outlook Connector 5.0 Adds New Control & Reporting Features
- in Blog Posts, Productivity
- by admin
- September 27, 2017
- Comments Off on Outlook Connector 5.0 Adds New Control & Reporting Features
- Tags: addition, collaboration, Connector, enhancements, introduced, latest, MDaemon, Outlook, release, security
In addition to all of the new security & collaboration enhancements introduced in MDaemon 17.5, our latest release of Outlook Connector adds additional control for administrators as well as configuration reporting for end users.
Allow or Block Certain Third-Party Outlook Add-ins to Improve Performance
With the wide variety of Outlook add-ins that users can install, one common challenge is making sure these add-ins don’t negatively impact Outlook performance. Beginning with MDaemon 17.5 and Outlook Connector 5.0, administrators can control which add-ins are enabled or disabled on client machines.
New Outlook Connector Features for End Users
Generate an Outlook Configuration Report to Assist with Support Requests
When submitting an Outlook Connector support request, it is helpful for our support staff to know as much as possible about the Outlook configuration settings on the client computer. Beginning with Outlook Connector 5.0, users can generate a configuration report containing information such as:
- All Outlook Connector Profiles, including the email address plus the location and size of the local cache file
- Information about when the Outlook Connector database was last compacted, and the size of the database
- The current version of the Outlook Connector plug-in
- Send/receive intervals
In addition to these major updates, we’ve included various minor fixes & enhancements. More information can be found in the release notes, or if you can download our free trial to start using Outlook Connector today!
Spread the love